Monday 17 November 2008

Nordic Fest 2008!


Just had an amazing weekend in Oslo, Norway.
I got picked up very early Thursday morning to drive to Frederikshavn(3½ hours) to take the ferry to Oslo, with a bunch of danish friends! - It was a 8 hour trip, so we had time to talk, sleep and have fun:-)

It is the 3rd time I have been to this festival, it has become a tradition, that i would not want to miss. It is a Christian metal festival. Metalheads gather here from different countries to hear music, known and unknown. Too meet new people, old friends and just enjoy the special fellowship, that centers around metal music and God!
I met people from Holland, Finland, Sweden, USA and of course Norway. It was great to get new friends and see old friends!

A festival like this, with the fellowship of other christian metal head gives me something very special. It fills me up with new and fresh energy. I am so thankful that God has given me these festivals and these people to be my church! - With the greatest Pastor, Pastor Bob Beeman, whom i got a great talk with too! - He has a very special heart! - And i can not descibe how much he means to me:-)

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey Simone, I just found your blog while looking for information about the GreenLightDistrict Festival.
So I just want to leave some greetings from Germany.
Hope you're doing well.

Jonathan

Franz-Irene said...

Thank you very much! - I hope you found the information you needed, or else i can help you. myspace.com/greenlightdistrictfestival

I am, thank you! - I hope you are as well:-)

Jonathan said...

yeah I found some information on http://gldf.wordpress.com.

I would really like to come. But I think we'll make the decision like a week before the festival. Unfortunately I've a test on the monday after the festival. And we must get a full car, because otherwise the gas will be too expensive for just the two of us.

And yeah... I'm fine :)

God Bless You

Franz-Irene said...

Okay, great. it is a work in progress page and will much better very shortly:-)

I really hope you can make it!