Thursday 18 December 2008

Day 2 - Church and sightseeing



Today we got up to do some homework. Hanne has a huge assignment which needs to be turned in on friday.
I am very much behind after our trip to Texas.
At lunch time we went to af café called Prego to eat. The food was good:-)
Afterwards Hanne needed to pick up some stuff so she told me more about Nuuk and showed me the different places she has spend her childhood:-) I really enjoy to see all these places she has been telling about,seeing "her world".

Culture house, formed as Northern Lights:


In the evening they had a prayermeeting in the church. We missed some of it because we had to move some boxes for someone to come pick them up.
The meeting was mainly in Greenlandic, and the songs were in Greenlandic. Fun to try to sing that:-P

Afterwards we did more homework. Hanne has a huge assignment to finish, and i have a lot of smaller assignments to turn in as soon as possible.

Hanne gave me this chokolate advents calender when i arrived:-P


Weird/funny things of the day:
1. A package arrived from our friend Vikki with christmas presents to both of us. Outside she had spelled the city we are in N-U-K-K(its NUUK) and crossed it out:-P

2. I fell twice today! - first outside on the ice, just walking i fell right on both of my knees! - The second time was inside i fell up the stairs to Hannes room...

No comments: