Thursday 18 December 2008

Day 3 - Cleaning, studying and snowcats!!!




Today Lene, Hanne and I went cleaning a house here in Nuuk. Hanne normally cleans this house every week. Today she took the S.W.A.T-team with her:-P


In the evening two guys Hanne knows came by on snowcats to take us for a ride. That was an amazing ride! - Wow!
We went through Nuuk and up into the mountains which was the most beautiful part of the ride! On one side there were the most beautiful northern light!!! All around us was the clearest stars! - I have never seen so many stars so clearly as tonight! - wow! - It was truely breathtaking, and an experience I will never forget! - Just to see what our creater has made was incredible! - I could really feel his peace! - It was so overwhelming!
When we were on the edge of the city Hanne and I were asked to drive! - So we did! - That was a whole new experience for me:-P And I do not have a drivers license or anything like that so i have no experience what so ever with anything that moves beside my bike, but it was so much fun!
Thomas one of the guys, works with the kids in the church, he was the owner of the snowcats. He is going to Denmark and parked his snowcats here at the house:-P So we might go for a ride another day:-)
The snowcats can ride 130km/hour so when its -14C it gets really cold when your riding one, but the adrenalin made it warmer:-P I do hope my toes will stop being cold some day:-)

Me on a snowcat in the mountains:


Wierd/fun thing of the day: Hanne drove a van...

No comments: