Tuesday 16 December 2008

My first day on Greenland!

Today was my travelling day to Greenland. It started very early were I meet up with Lene(Hannes sister) in Copenhagen
Airport. I was very happy to have her as company, especially because I have not been flying a lot, and never alone:-)
We went to Starbucks in the airport, which is the only place in Denmark we have a Starbucks. And since I am a bit americanized after my trip to Texas I had to go:-P

Just a picture of me and Lene with our Starbucks and breakfeast:


I have to say that Greenland together with Switzerland is the most beautiful country I have ever been to!! - We had to change flight when we reached Greenland, Kangerlussuaq. As soon as i got out I could besides the cold weather(-20C) feel
that the air is so much cleaner than in Denmark! - That was very cool!
The plain we changed to was very small with space for about 45 passengers, and did not have that much altitude. There were very few clouds so the 55 minutes we spend in the plain I spend looking out the window on the beautiful nature they have here! - It was so overwhealming!!
It really struck me that a God who can create that kind of nature can do anything!!

Here are some pictures i tried to take from the plain, but it does not do justice!






We were welcomed in Nuuk by my friend Hanne. She showed me their house/church, and I am looking forward to see the church in action:-)

So today I have seen Nuuk which is actually very small. I have also seen northern light for the first time in my life:-)
One thing I have been looking forward to is to eat raindeer again, and at my first day here I got it, and it was good:-P

I have not yet really understood that I am actually here! - Maybe I will get it tomorrow:-P

Unloading:


The church/their house:


Weird/fun thing of the day: When Hanne parked she could'nt get out again! - Her friends dad had to drive the car out for her...

No comments: